Friday, January 22, 2016

A Cup of Love

A Very Special Cup
This cup is a very special cup of love for so many reasons, and I know many of you are trying to figure out what is so special about it.

First it is just a cup.
Second it is an empty cup.

Ahhh, but in 2009 this cup was the last Christmas gift I opened from my mom as I kept looking out our Aberdeen window for snow. 

I love snow. Little amounts, large amounts, to me it is a special gift from God. You open your windows and the first significant snow fall of the year happened during the night and you open your door and it is absolutely peaceful outside, not a sound, not a print in the snow, magical!

Just as I unwrapped it, my husband hugged me and said, 'I'm sorry baby, no snow this year on Christmas.' But look I said as I pointed to the window, it is snowing. He thought I was joking, but sure enough there was snow and just enough for a snowman!

My mom passed away February 2010. I think of her every time I use this cup, I think of her every time I use one of the worn out dish towels I have because she sent me brand new ones every Christmas and now...all I have are the ones left.

This morning as I was opening my eyes to get out of bed to help my grands get out the door to school, my amazing husband walked in and asked me, 'are you awake?' I was and to my amazement he is standing by our bed with this cup full of warm delicious coffee.

Yes, it may be just a cup to many, but to me, this cup speaks love. It speaks caring. It speaks miracles.

I have been married to my amazing husband for 34+ years and this was the first time EVER in our marriage (unless I was bedridden) that he has ever brought me a cup of coffee in bed!

I am just so blessed!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

How sweet and thoughtful of your husband. He sure sounds like a keeper. Isn't it interesting that certain things always trigger memories of people or events or places. My parents both died within months of each other when I was 36 and that was over 25 years ago. But I do have a few possessions that also trigger the memories.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This is a God Wink... an affirmation from our Holy Father that your precious Mom is still taking care of you-- through others. Enjoy your cup of love. Thank you for sharing your inspiring story.