Monday, January 5, 2015

Thread Count 2014

I can't remember where I saw this last year, but someone said it would be fun to save all of our empty thread spools and see how many we used throughout 2014.

I was pretty shocked when the grands took them out of the box and set them up and counted them to find out that I had actually gone through 41 spools of thread.

 As you can tell, I use lots of different types of thread from Sulky, Coats and Clark, Signature, Gutermann, YSl, etc..  Most of this has been donated to me or purchased on sale when I see it and that is the reason we have so many different colors and sizes of spools.

In my quilting, I try to use all my thread keep some basic colors on hand such as black, tan, white and gray as I find they do quilting and blending nicely.

If anyone else did this in 2014, I would love to know how many spools you used!


3 comments:

Sherry said...

I did not do it....but I remember seeing the post somewhere and thought it would be a fun thing to do.

Of course I did not get all that much done last year so I don't know if it would have been exciting to see! LOL

I think I will do it this year and see what happens.

Scrappy quilter said...

I didn't count the spools. What I have done for the past couple years is keep track of how many metres I've used. It's amazing just how much.

Love Of Quilts said...

PROOF IN THE PUDDING AS THEY SAY, THAT YOU HAVE BEEN DOING A LOT OF SEWING THIS PASS YEAR.